Week 4

 This week felt a bit hectic to myself. although as the week ends, I realize that everything is coming together fine. Continuing, I had a meeting with Filippo and had a great conversation about the project. I was able to clarify a few questions I had regarding the project. I again had to collect the last ten scores of a team and this time it was El Paso Locomotive. After doing that, I took the average Expected Goals of both Phoenix Rising and El Paso to create a matrix chart. This matrix chart is to predict the outcome of the match and the probable outcomes of their upcoming match. I heavily used the Poisson equation to figure potential for a team to score a goal. Then I was to multiply these results together, which gave me the likeliness of the outcome of the match. 

My final outcome for the match was for it to be a 1 - 1 draw.

On the right side of the matrix you can see the total chance for a team to win or draw. 


Comments

  1. Hi Marco, I have also had a hectic week. I need time to get back to pace and feel completely situated in my class and the program. Similar to you, as the week comes to an end I find myself getting by, and I believe that's better than nothing. As for your project, I'm interested in seeing how it goes. Will be able to attend games to collect data?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts